Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Windows 7 Beta - day 2

After my previous post on playing with Windows 7, I have experienced some "freezes". So far I haven't been able to locate exactly where the problem is, but I suspect it is related somehow to the fact that Windows Media Player is unable to deal with my old video adapter. This is only a preliminary suspicion, and perhaps there are more or different reasons for the "freezes". When the display freezes, I cannot do anything to know and have to shut down Windows 7.
Another annoying thing that I suspect is that the system shuts down whenever it tries to put the laptop to sleep. I have canceled the automatic sleep mode and it appears to have stopped the involuntary restarts of Windows.
Well, a few hiccups are to be expected from a Beta version, especially if it's running on hardware that is not supposed to control it.

No comments: