Monday, March 1, 2010

Brain drain

So, I get an email this morning from someone claiming that they represent the Israeli ministry of science and are looking to generate a list of Israeli "brains" that are currently living abroad. Great. First thought - it's probably phishing.
Second thought - other people got it as well, so may be it's not.
Third thought - I clicked the link, a genuinely looking site comes up. Great.

I clicked the "המשך" (next) button that will allow me to view/update my details, and - surprise! It doesn't work.

What's the f***?
Didn't they hear of checking their website? How do they expect Israeli scientists to return to such a "partachi" state?

1 comment:

Yuval Sapir said...

well, they added in the small print: "We're looking for a few reasonable programmers cause we run out of them a couple of years ago."
Maybe it's because they didn't expect the volume of responses (dozens!)