Thursday, December 13, 2007

TOEFL Here I come

Tomorrow is the date of my TOEFL . I must admit that I didn't study as hard as I should have. I guess that it is just too boring to prepare for this test. Nevertheless, I took a few trials and have a few conclusions. One, my reading and listening comprehension is quite good. I guess that of the 30 points that each of these parts worth I will receive at least 90%, or 54 points in total. The writing part is also quite simple, but I haven't had the chance to assess my writing skills, as they require the evaluation of a human examiner. I would expect to receive around 25 from this part. In total this will bring me to at least 79-80 points out of the 90 points in these three parts.
Unfortunately, the last part is the speaking section. I'm afraid that my speech is not as fluent and as good as my other skills. On the other hand, I am required to achieve 92 in total, so out of the 30 remaining points I will need less than a half. Hopefully, this is something that I can do. Wish me luck!!!!!


By the way, I scheduled my GRE test to March 10. After taking one computer adaptable test (CAT) version and one paper version (for the course) I can say that my quantitative score will probably be high, while my verbal reasoning score will be much worse. I have a problem with the vocabulary part of the GRE. I am not sure how the other people are coping with this part. Let's hope that my Princeton Review course will help me get better at this part.